Sunday, January 9, 2011

MIL quilting; Green Beauty Quilting; Stash Report Jan. 3-9

This is the MIL quilt I was working on yesterday morning before my body tuckered out on me. I only had one pass left of it to finish up, so shortly after starting downstairs this morning, I was removing this from the frame. I'm not sure who she was making it for, but it's another to add to the pile of finishes to hand to her at the end of the month.

I tried out my new pantograph on it: Watercourse by Lorien quilting. I purchased this for my Green Beauty {{Jared Takes a Wife}} in mind, so I thought trying it out on a smaller quilt was a wise decision.

And naturally, it was a piece of cake, so I spent the morning hours prepping a backing and batting in order to load Green Beauty onto the frame. I've gone through 7 bobbins already and am nearing the finish. But I think this may be where I leave it for the night. My mom is spending the night and is expected any moment; but more importantly, the Packer game has started!!!



I'm not ruling out heading back downstairs later, but....I won't get down on myself if I don't.

Stash Report: Jan. 3 -9
Used/week: 5.2 yds
Purch/week: 0.0 yds

Used/year: 9.00 yds
Purch/year: 0 yds

Net Used: 9.00 yds


End-of-post update... Yup. Mom just arrived, with a GOODIE in tow! :0) Hancock Fabrics from the hometown was having a 50% off sale on batting, so I asked mom to pick me up a roll of Warm-n-Natural. Ya can't go wrong at $5.49/yard for a 20 yard roll.

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Amy,

How large a quilt have you been able to do with the juki on the frame? Curious how crowded it gets in the throat area.

scraphappy said...

Green Beauty is looking fabulous. I recognize so many of those fabrics that it is scary. I really like that panto, so fun to have a new one to play with. Are you floating all of your quilts along the bottom? I'm just off to load a quilt now and am thinking about trying it.

Alycia said...

Beautiful quilts!! And yay on the fabric report! Enjoy your mom!

Quilter Kathy said...

What a great deal you got on batting! With all the quilting you do, you'll need that much!

Tracy said...

Love that Green Beauty and also the new pantograph. I also recognize some of those fabrics!
Great deal on the batting. I got a roll one year for about $4.11 a yard from Joann's. Of course I still have a lot left! I'm sure you go through it way faster than I do!

Candace said...

Wow, your MIL's quilt is really cute but the Green Beauty is stunning, and I'm not even a green lover. That quilt might change my mind though.