Thursday, January 6, 2011

MIL Thursday...

Okay, so MIL Monday didn't happen....

and Tuesday was Candace's birthday....



and Wednesday....well....I barely made it over the hump

SO...Thursday is finally MIL night!!!

I couldn't even remember all the projects MIL handed over to me months ago, so I started by laying each of them out and snapping some pictures to know what I was working with. MIL's piecing isn't extremely precise, so some of these will not be able to be quilted on the frame. There is simply too much "puffiness" to some of the center blocks of some of these; there simply wouldn't be a way to "quilt-it-out."

I started out with this pink/brown quilt; it seemed to be the "fun one" to start out with. AND, one of the most POOFY centers of 'em all, so.......I went back to my "old-school" quilting with my DSM. I used a walking foot and did a simple stitch-in-ditch along the sashing. That's it. I actually thought of tieing buttons to the dresses where the straps "attach" to the front. Thought it would be cute. So, I'll suggest that to MIL.

Here are pics of the other quilts that I hope to check off before the end of the month.






3 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Hump day hit me hard, too. :(

Cute quilts!!! Have fun with the quilting!! :)

Tracy said...

Those dress quilts are beyond cute!

Alycia said...

Your MIL is prolific!! Good luck keeping up with her. And the carmel corn sounds yummy!