Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Very little progress; struggling to find time

I've been fighting internally; the two shoulders talking to each other; debating the big issues of "to sew, or not to sew" "to clean, or not to clean" "to go to bed and try to find SOME kind of energy or to just keep pushing and pushing and pushing."

Sorry that the posting has been so little lately.....and yet again tonight, I am beat and tired and will be off to bed soon.

I HAVE finished up Jan's Family Gems quilt blocks that I had started last week--all 30. I was able to finish those up on Sunday, but just haven't found the time (or energy) to lay them out and snap a pic for uploading. Also----golly, I guess I did have SOME motivation on Sunday, because I did pull out the OTR again to quilt up the sections. I want to check at least ONE of my C'mas quilts off the "done" list soon.

I think I'm just depressed because I haven't been able to dedicate ANY of my evening time towards sewing/quilting. And then, the weekends FLY BY so fast with almost non-stop quilting; and then I spend the rest of the week trying to catch up with housework, and schoolwork that I SHOULD have done over the weekend. *nod, nod*....yup...I think I've finally put my finger on my down-ward-icky-slumpy-feeling this week.


On a different note; typically I am not a political type of person, but I must say that I am very optimistic for America's future over the next 4 years. I am quite pleased that Obama is President-elect; and I, as many other Americans, stayed up a bit past my normal bedtime to watch the acceptance speech. Hence, 'tis time to head to bed.


Finally----I read this quote on a co-worker's door today....
Life is like a one-way street; you can look back but can not go back.

Happy Wednesday....*sigh*...ONLY Wednesday???????

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh poor you, you really sound as if you need a break - a 'stop the world I want to get off' moment. Perhaps you need to decide on leaving some of your quilting for next year's presents? And then enjoy the really important ones that HAVE to be done for this year. Here's hoping you can have a bit of peace and quiet this weekend.

scraphappy said...

I must just be that time of the year for teachers. I so look forward to the weekend, but also ending paying the price for nonstop weekend quilting while I try to catch up all week. I don't know what the right answer is except that the work will still be there when you are ready to get to it. I paid the price for staying up to watch the politics on Tuesday and fell asleep last night at 7 o'clock! There is very little in the world that a good night of sleep can't make better.

scraphappy said...

I must just be that time of the year for teachers. I so look forward to the weekend, but also ending paying the price for nonstop weekend quilting while I try to catch up all week. I don't know what the right answer is except that the work will still be there when you are ready to get to it. I paid the price for staying up to watch the politics on Tuesday and fell asleep last night at 7 o'clock! There is very little in the world that a good night of sleep can't make better.

Candace said...

I hope that you used the choice of going to bed early. There are have to's and want to's and need to's, and sometimes you have to make a choice. I know that you know all that, but you can slim things down a bit. For instance, if time gets short, you can give IOU's with a little something made out of the fabrics of the quilt, and give the quilt later. That type of thing. People understand busy, and you need to give yourself permission to put yourself and your family first and let some things slip a bit. When I used to take sewing lessons at Stretch and Sew, years ago, the owner there was telling how she sometimes wrapped the fabric unsewn and put it under the tree. Sorry to be a buttinski, but just had to add my two cents. You do an awful lot and could probably do half of what you do and it would still be twice what most people do. Give yourself a pat on the back and permission to take it a little easier.