Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A WIP brought to surface...


Amazingly, I pulled out the DD bits-n-pieces Sunday night and started putzing on some blocks again. After a couple of hours Sunday night, and most of the day off-n-on yesterday, I have the top completed, basted into 2 sections, and about 70% completed with the actual quilting. WOW! That came together fast!


Tonight, rather than quilting on the DD, I printed out the April step of Beth Ferrier's BOM. The first two blocks were easy-piecing! This month-----oh dear-----involves applique. I am NOT an applique'r! I've made one applique quilt (you may remember Caitlyn's Flowers ??? ((pictured below))) Anyway---here is the first attempt at the April Rose block. Ummm.....I defintely have to rethink the placement of the darker/lighter fabrics. (You see the darker pink through the lighter pink?) 28 of these bad boys need to be made. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. This one took me two hours!!!!!

The weather was once again GLORIOUSLY SPRING today! I headed out for my longest run yet.....3 whopping miles. (of course, I walked probably about half of a mile, though---up those lovely hills :0) )

Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Your DD is going to look so pretty once it's finished - which should be pretty soon by the sound of things. I don't envy you all those applique roses, there's a lot of work in each one - are they all going to be the same colour? We've had some super spring weather too, though it doesn't tempt me to run, all I can manage with my dodgy ankle is a bit of a walk.

Laurel said...

Your DD looks great! I haven't even started mine yet.

I printed out the rose pattern, too. Looks complecated and I've never machine appliqued anything. Once you figure it all out, let me know all your tricks. lol

Anonymous said...

Your rose doesn't look to bad, but, I can see where you would want to change the colors around. I still have to complete block 2.

Andee said...

I can't believe how fast you got that DD done--WOW! I just have the borders to do and want to do a pieced one, what are your border plans? You may get it done before me, it has been great working on them together. We need to do it again soon!