Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Yup--still here.

Life is just keeping me away from the blog...
I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to today's post, either....
well, actually, I do, but I'm choosing to just get a quick update out before lunch is ready and then it's jettin' out for Cassie's Dentist appt.


Spent the weekend at sister's (Jen) and enjoyed some beautiful weather! She, Cass and myself ran a race on Saturday and brought home some hardware----there were lots of laughter all weekend and lots of fun family time (specially with Cassie on the WII game!).

Quilting has been more like "cutting, sorting, and ironing." Last night I actually was inspired and cut strips and strips and more strips for two patterns that have been on my "will-make-someday" list. I was actually surprised that I pulled together all SIXTEEN fabrics for the one quilt; THAT one will be a new challenge to make for me. More to come on that later....

So, just a brief HELLO out to everyone. I'm enjoying my last few days of true summer vacation before "school-mode" starts next week. I have two weeks coming of Prof. Development, then a week of Vball open gyms, then another week of Prof Development, then Vball practice starts, then school starts! Wow! It's a short summer up here in Wisconsin for me this year. But, I'll make due with the few days and hours I have here-n-there.

Happy Tuesday.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Enjoy the last few precious days before school rears its (?ugly) head again.

scraphappy said...

It is hard to imagine that summer is already almost over. Big sigh.
You guys look great with your "hardware". Congratulations on the race.
Sorting, ironing and cutting seems to be a familiar theme these days. It is fun to turn leftovers and scraps into something cohesive. Much more interesting than running out to by a collection of matching fabric.