Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Over the river and through the woods....

Yeah...okay...so this isn't the EXACT scene of the roads traveling today, but pretty darn close! Within 1 mile, there were EIGHT vehicles in the ditch. WINDY, with just enough snow to make near blizzard conditions---and ICY! THAT'S the invisible culprit!

I am SO THANKFUL to have arrived at my parent's house....a bit longer traveling than normal (4 hours instead of 2.5), BUT...we are safe and HERE with NO INTENTIONS of going anywhere tomorrow.

I did not bring ANYTHING here related to quilting. I contemplated bringing my fabs and machine in order to work on Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Step 2 once posted on Friday, but in all honesty....I'll be shopping on Friday and we're heading back on Saturday, so......I can wait.

I DID bring my school work though---with ALL INTENTIONS of prepping for Statistics so that I can quilt, quilt, quilt when arriving home Saturday evening and all day Sunday.

I'll be checking in with all of you over the next two days though---so be sure to share ALL THE LOADS OF QUILTING you'll be accomplishing!!! :0)

Happy Wednesday

6 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm waiting until the guys all go into the woods till I can settle in and sew! No cooking!

Nancy said...

My inlaws are coming over later - just raining here.

I brought home Edgar Allan Poe to work on... I've been avoiding this like the plague.

We have Monday and Tuesday off as well.... buck season (don't ask).

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Karen said...

That is not a pretty sight! I am glad not to have to deal with driving in weather like that.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

I'm glad that you guys arrived safely! That picture scared me for a minute. Enjoy your Thanksgiving and shopping on Friday. I am hitting 1 store and then sewing my heart out! :)

Toni said...

YIKES! Glad to see you were safe and enjoyed the good company of your family!

SheilaC said...

>whew< glad you made it safe and sound!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

SheilaC