Sunday, October 23, 2011

FINALLY a finish!

Last night, the volleyball team brought home some hardware and are now the 2011 Regional Champions!!! Being the #3 seeded team, we knew the team had their work cut out for themselves, but the championship was attainable. The match was exciting from the start, and our girls upset the #1 seeded team in three straight sets (25-6, 25-20, 25-16). Waaahhhhhoooooooooo!

Our seniors lead the team with motivation and inspiration last night! Joining in with the picture is Emma, former teammate who switched over to Cross-Country. She ALSO had reason to celebrate last night; yesterday morning, she placed 3rd at the Sectional meet and is heading off to State Cross Country!!! I love the support they have for each other!

"Blue-n-Gold Pride

So, with the Blue-n-Gold fever still flowing in the veins, I awoke this morning with the ambition to finally finish this baby.

Hind-sight is 20-20 and I wish I would have made this a bit larger, but it'll still going to be used and used and used.

Cassie is excited to finally have it on her bed. She's upstairs cleaning up her room right now :0)

6 comments:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Beautiful quilt...lots of fun fabrics. I love these "stash" quilts. The only thing is, they get pretty heavy with all those seams. The better to keep us warm, I guess. I've been on a finishing spree lately so I have some finishes to show off at Show & Tell after my quilt club's Christmas pot luck a week from this coming Tues. We get a head start on the holiday season and then don't meet in Dec. when everything gets so crazy.

scraphappy said...

So that's how you get them to clean their rooms? I'll have to give it a shot. The colors are perfect for her room. I know this one will get a lot of love.

Andee said...

Congrats to the Volleyball team! Blue and Gold looks great and I am sure Cassie will be admiring it for years to come!

Quilter Kathy said...

Great finish! And already claimed for a bed!

Nancy said...

congratulations to the team and for the finish!!! Our varisty team could go to playoffs.... but it depends on how they give out the points in the league. Odd rules...

Candace said...

Congrats to the team and what a gorgeous quilt. It's glorious.