Saturday, November 19, 2011

A reflective morning

After school on Thursday (and 6 hours of Parent-Teacher conferences), I was all set to just kick back in front of my machine with my day off yesterday and sew, sew, sew on Bonnie's new mystery.

It's annoyingly amazing how life's events can alter a mood at the snap of a fingers. :/

I was in a slump yesterday; just some pent up negative energy that wouldn't go away. It didn't help that I couldn't convince myself to just head downstairs and try some quilting therapy; nope! I wasn't having ANY of it. I mean....even BONNIE could get me out of this slump :\ Not good.

So I moped...
I went through the motions with the girls and some friends they had over...
I allowed myself to just.....blehhhhh around; I couldn't shake it.

This morning, I'm feeling better. Reading Bonnie's post of tips is the first positive of the day, so I'm stating it off better than yesterday already. I haven't chosen my fabrics yet, so reading how she defined her focal vs. accent colors will help me when I pull fabrics shortly.

Cassie spent the night at a friend's house. The other two are eating bagels with nutella in front of Phineas & Ferb. Paul is gone for a week of deer hunting. Ideal for a whole lot of quilting to commence, right?

So, my plan (goal?) for the day. Sew for as long and as much as I can. Shop later for milk and Harry Potter Part 7 #2 (the necessities, right?). And then watch the movie with the girls later tonight.

3 comments:

scraphappy said...

6 hours of parent conference is enough to put anyone in a funk. Hope everyone is feeling better soon. Three day weekend for you right? Then Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Not even a super energetic, hyper, mathematically delicious individual can be up all the time.

Nancy said...

I hope you get out of your slump soon. I think my quilting slump is I'm not happy with what I have cut out but I don't want to just file it away.

Have a good weekend!

Andee said...

Perfect day! I am glad you are heading out of that slump!