Saturday, December 10, 2011

Work is done; play can commence

I really loaded myself up with school work for last night and this morning :\ Mid-term cut-off was yesterday, and I scheduled tests in four of my five classes yesterday; duh! BUT....as of 2:00 this afternoon, all my tests were graded, grades were entered, and MOST of my lessons for next week have been planned.

SO......I took my laptop downstairs to continue listening to this AMAZING singer I came across this morning....
Care to see/listen? -- Cecilia Bartoli.... I am "wow'd" :0)

and then dug right back in to my Step #2 orange strings.

Fun, Fun, Fun afternoon!!! And with Caitlyn's help, I was able to get them de-papered and trimmed up in record time. ((well....not RECORD time, because many of you out there have been done with this step for over a week!)) :0)

I haven't started step #3; nor did I spend anytime with it today. However, I pulled out my green strings (my substitute for Bonnie's reds) and cut up a bunch more from some of my 2" and 2.5" strip bins so that I can plow full-speed-ahead tomorrow with step #4.

We are sitting in front of Rudolph the Red-nose Reindeer right now; and there are three pairs of eyes GLUED to the screen. It's truly amazing how this movie (and the deer) REALLY IS going down in history :0)

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Congratulations!!! I love the orange!

Dee said...

Congratulations on finding some sewing time! Does Bonnie use a lot of string blocks in her quilts? It seems like her last one had them in it too.

Andra Gayle said...

I love your orange, Amy! I still haven't started step 3 or 4. I think it will have to wait until the week after Christmas. I have too many projects that I am hoping to get done as gifts.

Amanda said...

That's a great book, you'll really enjoy it now that you've got into it. The second and third in the trilogy are good reads too.

Me and My Stitches said...

Glad you got all of that nasty schoolwork finished! I still haven't gotten started on Orca. Well....I made ONE string block...does that count?

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I barley started step 1, or step 2, or step 3, and haven't even thought about step 4 yet. I am really behind on this quilt. I am going to have to kick myself in gear after Christmas to get caught up.

Andee said...

Looking good...and very nice to have bonding time with one of the kids and get her hooked on this hobby (later she may share her stash)...note to self, get Hannah to sew with me when she visits!