Sunday, April 8, 2012

Some UFO tasks

I have to repeat a phrase that Angela shared with an earlier post.....

It has been ages since I finished anything and I am starting to feel
that there are too many irons in the fire.

Only I would alter this a bit to say........
It has been ages since I finished anything that
I have officially deemed EVERYTHING a UFO!


Back on July 20, 2011, I started this 36-patch Quiltalong with CrazyMom. I wasn't too sure about the whole thing since I'm not a big fan of 36-patches. However, today as I was finishing up the 10 blocks I prepped so long ago in July , I started thinking about how I would put it all together. An on-point setting similar to what's pictured came to mind. I'll still have to play around with how exactly I'll do the sashing and setting triangles.


Then Cassie and Caitlyn came down to see what I was up to. Cassie didn't last very long, but Caitlyn did, and she was raring to do some sewing.

OUT came the RWB strings!!!

Can you BUH-LIEVE that the first 8 of these blocks were pieced in July, Two-Thousand-NINE!??!?! Goodness me! They are a great 'puttering' block that see the day of light every so often. I'm not at ALL certain how they'll be pieced together since I didn't establish a "center" strip to have them "go together" nicely. Anyone have any great ideas? I thought of maybe a small 1" (finished) sashing strip between each??

My weekend has one more day to it, thankfully! No plans, no definite goals....but I can bet I'll be making it downstairs yet again for some more puttering tomorrow.



3 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

I love the 36 patch blocks so much I want to make another one. Your blocks look great on pointe!
Very cool layout for the RWB strings!

Ray and Jeanne said...

Gee, I thought I was the only one - I spent this evening working on a quilt I began in the summer of 2009!

A while back I took string blocks and used them as HST with a solid. It worked pretty neat. Just take care that the strings are perpendicular to the HST seam. Wonder how I'd know that could be a problem ;)
~Jeanne

Andee said...

Way to go...love the red, white and blue strings!