Sunday, May 5, 2013

Lazy Sunday mystery

My camera batteries were dead and are currently recharging, so the pictures are via my phone;  definitely not the best quality, BUT.....

The afternoon was spent organizing and cutting into some fabrics for Bonnie's Lazy Sunday mystery in the Quiltmaker magazines.  FINALLY!

I didn't veer too far off of Bonnie's suggested colors;  besides, I LOVE all the brights!!!!

Actually, before I dug into some mystery fabrics, I chose to finish up a wall-hanging for my mother-in-law by sewing on some binding.  The red/black quilt in the background is the "top-secret" King size graduation quilt.  It is almost finished; simply needing trimming, labeling and binding yet.  

I can't remember the last time I dug into some new fabrics.  It was so enjoyable, and I'm looking forward to digging back in this morning.  Right now, I'm enjoying a cup of coffee and will take a few moments to catch up on all of your blogs.  It's been sooooooo long since I've relaxed with coffee and blogs!  LOL.

Happy Sunday!


3 comments:

scraphappy said...

A new project AND two finishes. You go girl! So glad you are feeling motivated to find some sewing time. Not to worry though, summer is coming soon. Plenty of time in the future to sew the days away.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Sounds like a great day!!!

Andee said...

WHOOT WHOOT! So excited you got a chance to sew and that you are doing Lazy Sunday! I am still plugging away on step two, but did a bunch of other fun stuff yesterday..maybe after my nephew's bday party I can get to that. :) Welcome back--we missed you!