Thursday, June 13, 2013

Pineapple Blossom - RWB progress & an OLD UFO

Eight blocks are done between yesterday's and this morning's short sewing sessions.

Four more blocks underway...
But after my coffee break right now, I think I'll shut down my sewing room and move over to my quilting area.  

Angela (soscrappy) and I are trying to give each other some incentive in the form of some kind of award for the person who accomplishes more of her quilting Flimsy/UFOs during the month of June.  Neither of us really talked about the details of this "challenge," neither of us know the award/prize outcome; umm, I don't even know if either of us even know how we are going to determine the "winner" since we each have different numbers of flimsies.  LOL.  (Do either of us even really care about the details??)  :D  ... I simply want this little bit of a push to GIT IT DONE!  LOL.  Seriously, I have flimsies packed away from 2009 (maybe even later!).  I have an idea of which one will be coming out next.....

Seven Shirts, Seven Clues (64" x 76");  March 8, 2009.  Of course, it needs a backing!  :\  My ickiest "B" of 'em all!
But today!  That's my goal!

Happy Throwback Thursday!

6 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

The blocks are looking great! Can't wait until you sew them together. You and Angela are quilting machines and I think you are both winners. :)
Love your Seven Shirts quilt!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

what a great challenge! I need to work on getting my customer quilt finished first.... but I would love to have another couple of finishes for me this month. :)

scraphappy said...

I was so worried that I would come back today and find you had finished the entire top. What a relief that you "just" got 8 blocks done. It is looking great so far. Love your colors. I just put the binding on number two this morning and loaded number three onto the frame ;-)

Kevin the Quilter said...

This looks like it is going to be fun.....now, just to get started! LOL Love that Seven Shirts, Seven Clues quilt!

Andra Gayle said...

I would join your little challenge but I have so much customer stuff going on that I don't think I will really get to any of my own this month- I WILL work on Hawaii Sunset...I WILL!

Unknown said...

Anything that gets you motivated works! I like the seven shirts, seven clues and way jealous that you are already moving on your RWB blocks. I managed to get some sub interpreting today (yay on that) and had tons of errands and things to do after work, and then prep for father's day stuff at my folks...we will head north tomorrow...so no sewing happening here!