Monday, September 2, 2013

Some late night crochet (headband and scarf)

I've had this cute lil' headband in my Ravelry favorites for a month, so last night I gave it a whirl with some of the left over white from Caitlyn's RWB afghan.  So easy. SO simple.  So quick.  Love it.

Then I grabbed this Moda Dea Lazy Daisy yarn that my MIL gifted me and the girls.  Knowing it would be a bit more difficult to work with, I wanted to use a pattern that used more chains than any other stitch....
This was another quick project;  maybe 1-1.5 hours (I really didn't watch the clock that closely).  It's about 65" long and 3" wide.  

And as I was taking the picture this morning, Paul (who just got home from his night-shift) offered another suggestion for pictures.....

He hauled over the Standard machine and set it up.  It's found a new home :)
And works nicely as a backdrop :)

So, I really don't have much in the line of plans today.  I simply want to relax on this last day of summer vacation.  Maybe...just maybe... I'll head downstairs.  But, no promises.  

Happy Labor Day everyone in the USA.  And Happy Monday to everyone else.

2 comments:

Kevin the Quilter said...

I still haven't a clue how you get something crocheted so quickly! All I can imagine in my mind is you sitting in a rocker with smoke coming out of your hands because the yarn and hooks are causing so much friction from your fast and furious crocheting!

Andee said...

You are amazing with the crochet hook! I love the headbands!