Friday, November 29, 2013

Family, Food, and Patience...

When you live 2.5 hours away from most family members from BOTH sides of the family, holiday travel time usually involves quick lil' visits to everyone who requests a quick visit.  We try our best.

"Aunt Dawn" (Paul's sister & Cassie's god-mother) was a visit we had to make! I knew we weren't going to make an appearance at her place on Thanksgiving day, so we planned on a coupe-hour visit... 

A little bit of playtime with the cousins, in addition to a lil' bday cake!  Now THAT is my size of a bday cake!  10"x10"-ish.... perfect size!

Wednesday night was Movie Night for almost everyone in my immediate family;   Gma took Candace and Caitlyn to see Frozen in 3D, and the rest of us "big kids" headed over to the Mega Screen for Catching Fire.  The "big kids" consisted of:  me, Jen (sis), Ron (brother) and his entire family (Jen-wife, Zach and Lindsay), and then my Cassie.  Excellent movie!!!! 

Fast forward to Thursday.  Thanksgiving AND a 13th birthday!  
As if the turkey, ham, potatoes, cranberries, corn, ........ apple pie, pumpkin pie, lemon meringue pie... wasn't enough.  What was Gma thinking?!?!?!?  Such a big cake?!?!?  Good golly.  (BUT, the frosting was the good stuff!)

Laker Ripples fits her perfectly....

and then we all enjoyed playing Chinese Checkers for much of the day.
It was lazy.  I stayed in my PJs all day.  I crocheted some.  I read some.  I FB'd some.  ahhhhhh.

And NOW!  And much as I enjoy relaxing time at my parent's house.... I am chomping at the bit to get back home later tonight to give some first step some time :)

My colors were chosen; substituting browns for blues, and pinks for yellows.  

For those of you sewing the day away...enjoy, and SHARE, SHARE, SHARE :)  I can't wait to watch everyone's progress.

3 comments:

soscrappy said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope your travels end soon and you have a chance to settle in and sew yourself silly! I like your colors. I was thinking of something similar but will ponder choices on the trip home.

Kevin the Quilter said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your's! Nanny nanny boo boo! I am working on clue #1 already! LOL

Amanda said...

Hope you have a wonderful weekend. It's always lovely to see family, but somehow even better to get home again.