Sunday, June 23, 2013

A day of rest!

The softball tournament concluded yesterday for our team at 6:30PM with a 3rd place trophy.  Naturally, they wished to advance to the final championship, but fell one run short.  Despite, bringing home some hardware was an exciting ending to the day.

3rd place out of 14 teams 
The rain held off all day;  as did the sun for much of the day.  So, the day was perfect for softball!
Our 6th grade leaders
And today.... it is WIDE OPEN for a LOT of "nothing!"  LOL
This will be the first day in 14 where we don't have anywhere to be;  the first day where everyone can sleep in (which they all did until 9:30; and I did until 7:30!)
It's another overcast gloomy day.  However, mother nature is taking care of watering my garden :)  I'm thinking of heading out shortly to see about rescuing those tomato plants, however :)

And then, Bonnie is planning Quiltcam at 2:00PM EST.  I. Am. SO. There! 

Happy Sunday :)

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Congratulations to the team!!!!

Kevin the Quilter said...

Way to go!

Andee said...

I was sewing away and missed quilcam, lol. I will be watching it in archives! Whoot whoot for a day to sleep in...lol to 7:30..I am such a night person that doesn't sound like sleeping in!