Sunday, February 1, 2009

UFO/WIP progress day...

Our company (BIL and family) headed home early this morning; around 10:30 am. I headed out the door to town after a quick shower to pick up a few items, and was back home around 11:30. After some quick lunch, I headed downstairs. I needed to clear up some carpet space to make room for the Perkiomen DayDream layout since I completed a few more blocks during some downtime yesterday afternoon. I started by basting up my smaller sample for my quilting class coming up next week. This is called Paddington's Class Act and will be quilted with some simple diagonals along the length of the quilt.

Next came the Lake -n- Lodge wall-hanging. I already had the backing set aside, so after a quick pressing, that got basted up as well and added to the "to-quilt" stack.





My Scrappy Irish Chain blocks were still laying along the edge of the carpet area, and rather than shooshing them further off into some other location, I decided to just get them pieced into the top and set it aside. By dinner time, the final stitch on the top's borders was put in. After dinner, rather than just adding it to a "flimsy" stack, I decided to gather up some fabrics to use as the backing. One thing lead to another, and this quilt found itself basted as well (after searching high-n-low for some more safety pins!!)


So, I now have a stack of four tops awaiting on a pile to be quilted; the three listed above and the Country Spirit.

Finally, what I had been waiting ALL DAY to do was to layout my PK Daydreams blocks. Rather than going with Bonnie's layout this time, I played around for half-an-hour and ended the night with this. There are now 100 blocks (10x10 layout), which equates to 2,500 squares.



This week should be quite relaxing without anything going on in the evenings, other than VBall Wednesday night. Hopefully I'll be able to get some of these quilted and rack up the "completions" for February! :0)

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow, I'm amazed on so many fronts - that you have so many quilts on the go at once; that you managed to get so much done; that you keep enough wadding in the house to layer up so many quilts without going shopping for more. They all look great, and I really like your layout for your PK Daydream, it's going to look stunning.

Cornfield Quilter said...

I really love the quilts, the Pk Daydreams especially! It is so different and I like the motion in it. My Gammill keeps breaking needles so hubby has been working with it. Hopefully I will be able to quilt tonight, I am going through withdrawal!
Have a quilty week!

Laurel said...

You really made up for lost time yesterday! Wow, I'm so impressed. These are really beautiful quilts and you have so much done.

What kind of class are you teaching and where is it being held (I know you're upstate somewhere, my question is more out of curiosity than anything).

Have a great week.
Laurel

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Amy you are on a roll all projects are just so lovely...

scraphappy said...

No wonder you are out of safety pins! That's quite a lot of quilts to have ready to go. I like what you've done with Perkiomen Daydreams, playing with new layouts is such fun. Maybe I'm not paying attention, but I missed the part where you started Paddington and Lake-n-Lodge. I'll try not to blink next time or I'll miss your next 4 quilts.