Sunday, March 1, 2009

I do solemnly swear....

to NOT start ANY MORE NEW PROJECTS until:
i) My WIP list narrows to TWO (not counting the Now-n-Forever BOM quilt)
ii) My February and March UFO challenges get completed

*giggle*
Whew---this past week or so has really brought on TOO MANY fun projects; I just COULDN'T pass on any of them! But now that I've plunged head-first into the last of the tantalizing quilts (the March quilt) I am now determined to finish, finish, finish.

Calidore is keeping me honest to make sure I get the borders going on the Seven Shirts mystery quilt.
Andee is going to keep me honest by working on HER Double Delight quilt which will challenge me to catch up and finish mine ahead of hers ???!?!?! *giggle* (yeah, yeah---keep dreaming! She's so much further ahead of me)
Nancy (Patchwork Penguin) is helping me be honest with my UFO's due to her challenge.
Alycia's QOV Challenge will keep me pushing to get the Country Spirit finished.
Julie and Angela are keeping me honest (even if they don't know it) to START MY RUNNING AGAIN! Yep--it's March 1st folks. In my mind, that means it's time to start to get back into racing shape. Sadly, I did NOT get outside today; and that blasted dreadmill is.....well....just THAT! A DREADMILL! Ugh! Julie is doing WONDERFUL on her WW! Angela posted some great pics of her February Marathon! Both are excellent motivators!


Finally, some of you have commented that you're not "green" people, and typically I'm not either. I'm more of a "blue" quilter. But for some reason, this March quilt just STRUCK me as stunning! It makes me thing of Emeralds!! I don't think I'll be giving this one away, but ..... who knows?!?!?


What's even more amazing besides what I all accomplished on the quilting front this weekend is what I was able to accomplish on the home front! I managed to power through 8 loads of laundry AND FOLDED IT! And.....Umm....yeah...well....I guess that's it! Gosh, I thought I did more than that! *giggle* ........well...... I did also sweep the kitchen floor----does THAT amaze anyone???? *chuckle* OH! AND!........ I DID manage to get to bed by 10:30 both nights........(not tonight though since it's 10:37 right now)

Okay----that's my cue to get out of here!
Happy Sunday & have a great week!

2 comments:

scraphappy said...

I think the saying "closing the barn door" comes to mind. I must say though, that I like the idea of separating the WIPs from the UFOs, it make each list shorter (Big Grin). Good luck with your new vow, you certainly have enough on the list to keep you busy for a while.

Nancy said...

Soooooooooo If I'm keeping you honest........... who's working on me?????? hehehe