Monday, March 9, 2009

A Monday evening....

Tonight didn't hold anything quilty for me. Rather, it started with some browsing through the Quiltville Chat photos. Wow---there are some GREAT Double Delights out there.....for instance, here is Nancy's (in Georgia) finished quilt. I LOVE her borders......quite simple, YET pieced to keep it interesting....

Then, I spent an hour 'googling' for some "Notebook SMART board" files for a workshop I'm attending tomorrow. I signed up wanting to know more about Notebook, which I have never used. The paperwork for the workshop VERY CLEARLY STATED that this is not a "beginner's" workshop and to bring samples for a "Share" session. GUILTY! (Do you think there are 'signing-up-for-wrong-workshops' police out there???) I've at least attempted to do some homework tonight, AND I roped our JH Science teacher into coming with me. I don't know if he's used Notebook or not either----but *shrug*----oh well! Really, how "bad" is this???? !?!? We WANT to learn and know more about it, AND our District is coughing up the dough to let us attend.

I should be in bed already (pushing 10:30 now), BUT I'm still waiting for a file to download. Yeah......dial-up! UGH! I have another 30 minutes to wait (I've already been waiting 40 min) for a measly 7.4MB file. *sigh* At school, this baby would have been done within a few minutes...(if that!)

At 9:00 tonight, there was a season premiere for a show called "Castle." I have a feeling this will be new show-to-watch for me. It was quite funny; kind of a comedic-police-drama. Any of you remember the show "Moonlighting" with Sybil Sheppard and Bruce Willis? Back in the 80's? Anyway, my DH said he was reminded of that show after watching this one. ("only this chick is hotter.")

Northern Minnesota and Wisconsin are being "threatened" by a snow storm over the next 24-36 hours. Actually, DH and I just chuckled at the weather report. The 7-day outlook showed ONE HUNDRED PERCENT (100%) snow for tomorrow. Seriously! When have you EVER seen a 100% change of snow or rain in a forcast? I guess he's (meteorologist) is pretty confident. Currently, our region is under a Winter Weather advisory while a bit to the north, they are under a Winter Storm Warning. We are in line for 4-8 inches, while just north is 8-12". I'll be watching the news in the morning since; the workshop is about 40 miles south-east, but still in the 4-8" region. Oh yeah....all of this after a TEASINGLY WARM DAY! It was still upper 40's at 5:30 tonight.

Ho-hum....17 minutes left of the download. I suppose I can go and catch up with others'.....

Happy Monday.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Hope your workshop is useful. I don't even know what Notebook is!!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

When I saw the previews of Castle, my first thought was that it sounded like Moonlighting. I loved that show! Thanks for the memories! Have a great time at the workshope. Pretend you know all about it! Ha!

scraphappy said...

You've googled it already, you already know more than some of the people who will be sitting in the workshop with you. I'm sure you will catch up to the pros in no time at all.
I recorded Castle last night and watched it this afternoon while I was cleaning the house. (Fun!) I thought it was good. I hope they don't cancel it. Anytime I enjoy a show it seems to get cancelled right away.
So with a 100% chance of snow, I guess I shouldn't ask how the March 1st running deadline is going?
I can't believe you have dial-up. I don't think I would ever download anything that I had to wait 40 minutes for! Yikes.