Saturday, April 10, 2010

WIP and UFO morning

I need floor space-----

therefore, the Black/Red Pineapple Blossom, which is taking up ALL my floor space, needed my attention this morning
Some of us have admitted to NOT being "border people." I typically place myself in that category, but... this border just seemed to keep evolving and I kept adding another piece and another strip.....
The quilt top is too large to really get a good shot from my sewing area.....it's NOT completely done, but will have to be set aside until I find time to get to town and buy some black fabric for the final "put-the-finishing-touch-on" border.

And you'll notice---it's all sewn together----not in pieces! I will NOT be quilting this in sections----I'm still very much looking forward to the arrival of my quilting frame and keeping myself busy until the final blessed day arrives.


Then my Steppin' Out - dyed came to the forefront----why? Because I need shelf space too!!! These blocks have kept the dust off my shelf for the past year; it's about time they see some action...
My 16-patch blocks were pieced this morning; the "arrow" blocks were already complete from awhile ago...

As I began laying out blocks, I sadly realized-----"POOP! I made a mistake!!!"
My directions say I need 18 of these "diagonal" half-blocks, all the same.

NOPE!!!!!



I need 9 each of these "MIRROR IMAGE DIAGONAL" blocks. After a few moments of seam-ripping and resewing, back to the layout I went. Sometime later today I'll have to update my tutorial, fixing this mistake!!!

Two rows have been sewn, then I needed to take a break to get lunch ready....pizza buzzer just dinged. Lunch is ready------I'll update later on tonight....

4 comments:

scraphappy said...

Looks like you have plenty to stay busing with until the drop shipment arrives. I'm in the same boat here. Soon seems like a long time

Caroline in NH said...

Love this "Steppin' Out - Dyed" quilt! Beautiful!

Quilter Kathy said...

You pieced the 16 patches this morning???
That would be a leader/ender project for me for months! You are so fast!!
Great job on all those borders on the black & red quilt!

Jackie's Stitches said...

You've been a busy quilter! I really love the borders on this quilt.