Saturday, September 3, 2011

Smith Mountain Morning layout

While waiting for a load of clothes to be done, I figured "WHY NOT?" Since I spent some time outside trimming the edge of the lawn for Cassie to finish up the mowing....and now that I'm paying the consequences of that move thanks to my Ragweed allergy.... :\

I grabbed the Smith Mountain Morning blocks and organized them into the center of the quilt. Learning from experience...before sewing blocks together into rwos, I snapped a picture and blew it up on the computer to make sure everything was correct. I sure don't think I can find any incorrect block placement here....and the scrappiness seems to fit just fine; no "like" fabrics near each other....

I might just get this center done before taking off to the farm tonight.

WHEW! Three posts so far in one day.

7 comments:

Dee said...

I just LOVE this quilt. The blues and browns together are gorgeous! I really might have to add this one to my ever growing list.

scraphappy said...

This is going to be a great quilt. Your range of blues is so nice. I guess that is the nice part of a fabric swap. Sorry the ragweed allergy has kicked in again, but it is a nice excuse to stay inside and quilt more

Andee said...

It looks great! I can't wait to have mine together now! I even found a few of my fabrics in there! How fun.

Nancy said...

I love seeing you make all of these quilts... then I know how lovely they look in 'real life'.

Hugs!

Ellen said...

That really is a great pattern. I really like the look of blue and brown together - lovely!

Marj said...

Your quilt is beautiful. That is the Bonnie quilt that I want to make. Love all your blues and browns.

Janet O. said...

My first visit to your blog via Bonnie's.
Very nice quilt! I love it. Beautiful fabric choices.
I sooo relate on the ragweed allergy. I live on a farm, surrounded by pastures. Some days I won't even venture out to get the mail.