Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Dawn's Early Light progress; a perfectly groomed pooch; some gardening and a cherry pie

Lots of little putterings these past few days...

Since much of my time has been dedicated to Dawn's Early Light, it makes sense to post my finished neutral strings first off.  Whoooowieeee, a dent actually WAS made in the bin!

Then, when I peered at the directions for the next part... Oh that Bonnie!
Laughing and shaking my head even now.  
Imma be here for a while with these considering I'm not even halfway done yet...

...so the big guns were pulled for the duration.  
Good ol' classic VHS movies where every line and song could be recited
-- perfect, mindless background noise --

This morning, however --> gardening!  These FREE plants from the local hardware store's clearance rack needed to find their home in the garden.  With yet again some glorious morning weather, all my tomatoes were trimmed, tied and some bare spots were filled with the free goodies.  By quick math calculation, 4 rows of 12, additional bonus row of 5 (or 7???, I can't remember and too tired to head down to verify), plus the tomatillo row that also houses 6 volunteers = 59-61ish.   OH YAH, and the bonus plant that sprouted at the end of the bean trellis, so... 60-62ish, give or take.

We haven't had a strawberry patch for a good strong handful of years, however, I spied a few isolated plants along the edge of the garden weeds.  Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle!  We all know the saying: when there's a will, there will definitely be a way.  The three were dug up and moved to an empty spot.  Gardening patience has certainly struck in recent years, so I'm actually looking forward, excitedly, to see what these three lil' plants may result in a couple of years down the line.

Ugh!  Let them GO already, Amy... 
I reached out one final time to local friends and family to see if anyone is interested in some well-rooted rescue tomatillos.  I'm sure I could rig up some simple trellising for some potted plants if they go unclaimed (??).

Last night, Paul had mentioned that the birds were enjoying the cherries, and sure shootin'!  There were cherry pits strewn all over the garden.  There aren't any plans to complete a full picking, unless Paul says otherwise, but enough were harvested for a pie; this afternoon's project.

By far the FUNNEST project I had planned for the mid-morning was to
meet Peaches and give her a little sprucing up.

Oh.
My.
Preciousness!
Seriously!

Peaches is 10 years old, and lemme say -- she was SO well behaved!!! 
Her grooming lasted roughly an hour and a half; the easiest customer to date!


Saw this the other day and chuckled.  Working on it!  Always a work in progress.

Our quaint little town celebrates with fireworks on the 3rd annually, and with the evening looming, I'm not quite sure where it'll lead us.  We aren't ones to travel the 5 miles into town to catch the fireworks; we enjoy the quiet, people-free tiny little show we can view from our deck.  

Happy Independence Day, one day early.

 

No comments: