Sunday, July 14, 2024

Slow Stitching Sunday - DMC organization and some Sky, Sand & Sea crochet

DMC floss organization day!
The boxes of DMC floss that daughter #1 dug out of her storage had been resting patiently in my cross-stitch bag all week with today in mind.  These boxes were actually given to me by MY mother when she was right around my age now; I reached out to her to get a true gauge of how old these are...

Her reply:



In all guesstimated accuracies, I have to believe she had these in her 20s... and she's now 74, so... "vintage" sounds pretty accurate.  Then, a few years ago, knowing I hadn't touched these in quite some time, they were handed over to Cass since she was showing interest.  She started a project, barely visible in lower right of the first photo, and she says she has since misplaced the pattern.  
I have a couple of projects partially complete that are soaking the sink in an attempt to remove some unknown stain...
Naturally I'm hopeful for a solution since I'm motivated to complete it AND quite possibly gift it in about 8 months.  My assistant coach is pregnant.... with TWINS!  No knowledge on the genders yet, but... prepping multiple in both pink and blue sound like a great lil' project for the next few months.

Cass musta picked up this lil' gadget... 



I had never seen one before.  No paperwork.  But I figured it was probably a DMC floss winder, and sure enough... Google is your friend (and youtube!) --> YouTube tutorial found.
So... some an eclectic mix of mindless youtube videos is underway as I settle in to organize the containers.

And directly following, some Sky, Sand & Sea crocheting is my plan.

... along with a full afternoon of laundry.   LOL
Child #3, Candace -- gotta love her, right!??!
She's pulling a double-shift today at one of her jobs, and after working full-time days all week long, I'm perfectly fine tackling these piles... um.... this PILE.

Happy Sunday.

Linking up with:
Kathy's Quilt - Slow Stitching Sunday

1 comment:

Deb A said...

Vintage! Looks like you have plenty to keep you occupied as you toss the laundry from washer to dryer. Pretty crochet. Enjoy your weekend.