Monday, June 7, 2010

I'm no botanist!!!


Out of nowhere yesterday, an annoying itchy area showed up on the inside of my elbow.....

{{scratch-scratch}}.....

and then a bit later...I noticed that my face was a bit itchy too...
......and when I checked it out in the mirror
...I was MAD.......

what would DARE cause this annoying, pestering, IRRRRRRITATING itch and BLISTERING rash?!?!?!!?


off I went MARCHING to find the culprit......

the other night, Paul and I planted corn down in a new patch of field, freshly tilled up. While wandering along one row, I noticed this weed that seemed more "vibrant" than the others......so I took a gander....


stupid ME even said...."hmmmm....hun.......look at this! I wonder if it's poison ivy----I always hear that it comes in leaves of three, but never understood what that meant......does it mean this? That the leaves are group in threes OR that the leaves need to have three points on them?...."

...{{all the while, touching the plant with my gardening gloves....}}.....

Well Folks--------

IF YOU SEE THIS PLANT, DO NOT admire it and WONDER if it is poison ivy!!!!!!!! I have a pretty good feeling-----IT IS!!!!!!!!

Ohhhhh.....RESISTING THE ITCHING is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's enough to make one go INSANE!!!!!!!

At least it's ONLY on my face and inside of my elbow!!!!!!!!!!!!


{{BTW---have you ever tried taking a picture of the inside of your elbow before?? It's not that easy! ..... }}

11 comments:

Nancy said...

Congrats!! You did indeed find poison ivy....... next picture should find lovely pink calamine lotion alllllllllllllll over :o)

Andra Gayle said...

Quilt the itch away!

Andee said...

You poor thing! Hope it goes away fast!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

While I'm sorry you have "The Itch", I almost hate to admit how much I enjoyed those pics of you! Hang in there. Benedryl, perhaps?

Linda Lee said...

Not a good start to summer!!! I hope you find relief soon!

Gerrie said...

Love the pictures, I needed a giggle today! But so sorry for the itch. Best I have ever found for skin itches is a cortaide type product that I buy at Dollar General stores.

Becca Quilts said...

At least you know where your poison ivy came from. I thought mine was infected bug bites that I had scratched too much :-( and made a trip to the local walk-in center only to be told it was poison ivy :-(. Happy healing and no scratching!

Jane said...

ouch, the hardest thing to do, is not to scratch. Hope it heals up quickly

Amanda said...

Tough luck, it sounds like calamine lotion and quilting will be your friends for the next little while.

Cornfield Quilter said...

You poor thing! Nothing worse than itching!! Hope you get better soon. :D

Tracy said...

Homemade soap...works everytime for me! The harsher the better! Although I don't know where you find it nowadays!