Thursday, June 9, 2011

79 to 47 in 24

No, this isn't a new song title by the band Chicago. (GOODNESS, you remember those songs?? I LOVE Chicago!!! 25 or 6 to 4 is the song; debuted in 1970--a bit before my time being born in 1975, but they were still big in the 80's. LOVED those 80's hairbands!!! Guns-n-Roses...Brett Michael...Def Leapard...)

But no....
79 degrees (F) yesterday morning at 4:46 AM
47 degrees (F) this morning at 5:15 AM

SOOOooooo thankful that muggy, HOT, HUMID weather broke yesterday. I can handle THIS weather...throw some thin knit "comfy" pants on and I'm all good. But when it's 90 and HUMID with a heat index over 100.....UGH! There is only SO MUCH that you can legally "take off" in order to cool down. :0)
Windows are still open despite being 47 degrees; this house needs the airing out.

NOTHING on my schedule today that requires me to head away from the house (yet). After my morning coffee and blog reading, I will finish up Hostess with Heart's binding and label. After Cassie's game last night, I watched a movie with the family and never headed back downstairs. Watching the movie with the family actually looked more like: All were awake at the start - Dad fell asleep after 10 minutes (I don't blame him! Working in this weather would knock me out too!); Candace followed in about 5 minutes; we paused the movie after another 20 minutes to take Cassie to a friend's house for a sleepover; and then Caitlyn and I finished the movie, ending at 10:00 pm.

I was in email conversation with Jody last night. We are trying to work out a time for me to deliver the quilt this afternoon so she can check it off her list. I can only imagine what the Mother of the Bride's Friday looks like. Yikes! I didn't want to add to the chaotic Friday schedule, so.....

Okay....off to catch up on some blogs. Not a lot was posted between the hours of 11:00 PM and 5:00 AM, though. I need to find more Aussie and Europe bloggers ;D

2 comments:

Linda Lee said...

i can just picture the expression on Jody's face when she sees the quilt. Please remind her to enjoy and cherish the weekend! ( I told her the same thing the last day of school.)

LuAnn said...

Your quilting is beautiful. She will be really happy with her quilt.