Thursday, June 28, 2012

Almost not quite....

The Bear Paw quilt has been loaded!  What a MONSTER!!!  Once the top was completed, it probably took me about two hours to piece the backing, the batting and get it all loaded and lined up on the frame.  This one has MAXED OUT my frame!

I literally only have half a centimeter left of space on the left side;  the carriage is flush against the frame here...

I have about an inch of space on the right side of the frame, BUT the pantograph pattern is non-exisitent for about an inch, so that'll be eye-balled up and lolligagged for the first bit for each path.

SO....my game plan today:  QUILT THIS MONSTER!!!!!  I have 12 bobbins prepped and ready;  I wonder how many this will take???

BABY CHICK UPDATE!!!!!
Four have hatched with one more on the verge of emerging (lower right egg in picture) and one more with a little chip out of it;  so.....I predict to have SIX babies by the end of the day.  We'll just keep wondering and practice our patience with the other two....

Happy Thursday


2 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Very exciting...chicks and quilts being birthed today!

Andee said...

Way to make a huge quilt! The chickies are so cute...