Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Summer vacation; week 2

Summer school began yesterday, bright-n-early! The girls are signed up for classes from 8 AM until 2 PM everyday. Cassie has a 1-hour Archery course, a 2-hour reading "Dog Days" class and a 2-hour Tennis instruction course. She LOVES her schedule! Caitlyn has 1 hour Reading Rocks, 1 hour Tumbling, 1 hour Art with Food, and then 2 hours of outdoor physical activities after lunch. Candace, only being fresh out of Kindergarten, has a 3-hour "Hopping into 1st grade" class with one of the Kindergarten teachers in the morning, doing activities that involve math, reading, arts-n-crafts, etc.... And then she has a two-hour Kindergarten Kapers course after lunch that includes some outside play time, some "rest" time, and some smaller activities.
 
WELL! WhatEVER they did yesterday absolutely tuckered Candace out!!!  She can't be THAT out of school mode already! When we arrived home after running a few errands, she walked straight to the couch, snuggled in....and was OUT! Literally in SECONDS!

Now that they have started their summer schedule, it helps me get motivated in the morning for some physical activity myself.  I ran 2 miles yesterday after wishing the girls lots of love, and then did a little bit of everything once back home.  I spent a couple of hours slicing into fabrics, preparing 10.5" and 20.5" squares to be pieced into backings for a few of my flimsies.  I picked a small bowl's worth of the first strawberries of the season.  Ummm......oh yeah;  dishes; laundry (the unexciting aspects of life).

Today's schedule sadly didn't look like yesterday's.  I had a day-long Summative Math Assessment workshop;  not a bad day by any means.   The group of ladies I worked with I've known through other math grants, so we accomplished a good amount of assessment writing together.

THEN...
on the ride home, I started thinking about what I wanted to do once back home.  Running didn't sound too appealing.  I really don't know what made me think of it, but I thought....."HM!  I bike ride into town and around the lake sounds good."

17.74 miles and a sore butt later.......I will remain positive!  Umm.........thinking...of....a ..... positive......thought.......... 

........"it was a GREAT wind-resistance training ride."
Tscha!  The WIND was not too much of a welcome force of nature tonight.  The entire way back home was with a full head-wind.  BUT...I did it.

AND, it added quite a few miles to my Virtual Vacation progress :D

3 comments:

soscrappy said...

Sounds like a busy summer schedule. I can see why Candace was all tuckered out.

Amanda said...

Sounds like a great couple of days, well, without the bike ride of course, that wouldn't have done for me at all. How long does the summer school last?

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Geez, summer is supposed to be when you can relax!

Great job on the bike ride! Now, get out and get running before it gets super hot out again.