I was home right around 3:00 from school; weather was raining yet again, so I didn't have much on my "must-do-outside" list, so......downstairs I went! Actually, I needed to head back upstairs to print out Step #3 of the QOV - Mystery #22: DIZZY project, and THEN I headed back downstairs.
...bada-bing! Step #3 double-sewn and loaded up on the cutting board to cut away the bonus triangles!
I was about to press them, but then decided to take a quick lil' break to uncloth the ironing board and throw it in the washer/dryer. It's FILTHY!!!!!
And then.....a big snag! Remember about a month ago when my previous iron had a meltdown? It LITERALLY melted the padding right to the cover, so when I tried to remove it; it kinda tore and fell apart.... So......I detoured my afternoon into making a quick lil' cover to replace it.
...nothing I would sell off to anyone :0), but it works....and isn't so dull to look at. I simply grabbed some heavy denim fabric; cut out a piece about the shape-n-size of the cover; zig-zag "appliqued" it right on the top; cut away the "bad-spot" underneath; I TRIED to add an extra layer of padding with some old batting scraps I have, but it ended up WAY too bulky!....
So...I am COMPLETELY caught up on both of my mysteries!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!
I EVEN went so far to press the bonus triangles and sped out SIXTY pinwheel blocks (30 of each), trimmed to 3.5"!!! Again, it is absolutley FLABERGASTING that all of this fabric was thrown away by some quilters who aren't aware of the double-sewing-bonus-triangle process. (I used to be one of them!!!) I am contemplating designing up another QOV quilt to use these pinwheels in, or maybe I'll just wait to see how this mystery pans out and I'll use them in the border.
Okay---time to do some quick catching up before I'm off to my 9:00 softball game!