Monday, August 6, 2012

Design Wall Monday - Framed Rect and QOV 28

Technically, Framed Rectangles is on my design wall....and I AM working on the smaller "C" blocks as my leader-ender project right now...

...However, Starry Path (QOV Mystery #28, part 5) is what I spent my time with this morning.    Laundry was beckoning, and the garden was screaming for my attention, but.....I took my cup of coffee  and headed downstairs for a few hours.

I'm not following the suggested border given to us on part 5;  instead I'm going to use up the bonus triangles from making the blocks.  I have a few additional units that I'll need to piece together in order to finish off this pieced border.

I eventually started the laundry and eventually headed outside to the garden.  Cucumbers have been picked and already made into pickles.  A friend came over on Saturday evening to take a harvest load of beans, so I didn't really need to spend time with them.... but I did anyway.  I'm only 1/3 of the way through them, and already have two grocery sacks full again!!!!!!  I think I really need to put my foot down with Paul who says "Let's preserve as much as we can".... We now have EIGHT cases (12 pints/case) of beans in the pantry PLUS an additional 7 quarts that I made up last week!  That's like....2 pints per week;  PLENTY for us!!!!!  Besides, I am thinking about everything else that will need preserving yet....and thinking about the jar stock we have..... I think it'll be inevitable;  we need to buy more jars.  LOTs more jars!

5 comments:

Sue Daurio said...

Oh man, love your border, looks great!

Dar said...

Your RWB quilt is great looking. Love what you are doing for the borders. I recently "created" a border out of left over pieces too and made it fit my top. It was not as pretty as yours, but it did use up all my scraps from that project.!

I don't envy you all your preserving work, but do love canned garden items all year long after the hard work is done.!

Judy D in WA said...

Love your framed rectangles. Really love what you are doing with the RWB border. No sense putting those HSTs away when they make such a great border.

Andee said...

Awesome job. I haven't done the borders on the QOV and am planning to use my bonus units too...hmmm I like your border :)
Glad the garden is providing!

Nancy said...

I know the idea is to preserve, but with all of those beans, can you donate some of them to a local shelter?